Technology Transition Consulting
Information Technology (IT) and the Internet
are revolutionizing the way organizations conduct business, providing
unprecedented opportunities for performance improvement. Yet, technology
means change, and change is often met with resistance. To capitalize
on the opportunities, your organization must be aware of the wide-ranging
impacts of technology, and be prepared for change.
SeeChange specializes in helping your organization through technology
change by applying our unique technology transition approach.
We bridge the gap between technology and people, targeting the process,
organization structure, human, and cultural impacts that make
or break success. SeeChange teams with organizations implementing
technology to plan for change and optimize the benefits of technology
to the bottom line.
Focus on Critical Challenges
SeeChange keeps your organization focused on the goal: to improve
your effectiveness and make the technology work for you. We collaborate
with your project teams and leaders to anticipate and address the
wide-ranging challenges experienced with technology implementations.
These usually include:
- Alignment of the new system with overall organization
goals to gain ROI
- Confusion over roles and responsibilities in
designing, developing and implementing the system
- Lack of consideration of organization structure
changes and potential process improvements prompted by new technology
- Tendency to re-create or mimic the old system
in order to minimize the change impacts
- Resistance to job function changes inherent
in new technology implementations
- Lack of computer skills needed to operate and
take advantage of the new system
- Training that is focused on system functions
and features, not new job functions and performance goals
- Continuous revisions and enhancements to the
new system that never quite satisfy users' needs
Solution: Star Model
These challenges are all issues of technology transition. SeeChange
applies our Star Model to address
these issues and the holistic opportunities for improvement prompted
by technology. Our technology transition services align with our
Star Model and include:
- Change Management and Strategic Planning
- We align the technology initiative to your organization strategy,
define the impacts on people, processes, culture, and structure,
and anticipate resistance issues.
- Project Planning and Team Building
- We identify the key players on the technology team and prepare
them for a productive and successful project.
- Business Process Analysis - We
ensure the new system tightly integrates with your business needs
and optimizes performance.
- Organization Restructuring -
We optimize the benefits of the technology by removing barriers
to information/data exchange.
- Staff Readiness and Training -
We understand the impact of the new system on your organizational
culture and individuals, manage the resistance, and prepare for
change via involvement, communications, and re-training.
We emphasize our collaborative and facilitative
approach to involve the key stakeholders - including IT management
and technical teams, business managers, users, and customers - in
the process of transition. The collaborative process ensures organizations:
- Gain the critical input needed to plan for and
design a targeted solution
- Define and address potential resistance issues
early in the process, getting individuals on-board prior to implementation
- Address the wide-ranging impacts of technology
and the interconnectivity between the IT solution, and the process,
organization, people, and culture
- Bridge the gap between the people - your customers,
staff users, partners - and your technology solution, so that
it will be usable, effective, and provide return on investment
Unique IT and Organization
Only a unique combination of IT and Internet experience, combined
with organization development strategies and expertise, can address
the change that accompanies the implementation of technology. SeeChange
applies our extensive experience with wide-ranging technologies
that tend to force change on an organization‹workflow, knowledge
management (KM), electronic document management (EDM), I-commerce,
E-commerce, and forms processing. SeeChange helps your organization
maximize its return on investment, and smoothly move from a mere
presence on the Web to a true E-business.